Tuesday 3 September 2013

A read for a Rainy Day

Hey Petals, today I thought I would Write a post about self worth, there are probably a million posts on this, however people have different perspectives on this topic (if you don't like a slice of cringe, I suggest trying a slice of cheese cake) - Olivia

In life everywhere you go people will love you, people will hate you and people will be oblivious to your existence, the one thing I used to find hard  was accepting that, over the years I have found it really hard to accept who I am, or who I'm becoming, I guess that's because of experiences people go through in life, everyone has a different journey and it is so important to remember that. The thing I struggle with the most is comparing myself to the person next to me, of course I am still discovering new things about myself each day just as anyone, but sometimes you fade into the darkness and only see someone else's light, it makes you feel worse and worse and almost consumed.
                         

This is one famous quote, which really hit me like a tonne of iced teas, it really is true, "Don't compare your start to someone else's  middle" everyone takes different paths, which lead to different outcomes, if you spend a lot of time comparing yourself to others so much that it makes you feel worse, you need to step out of that mindset and realise what is in front of you, just remember that the only way you can reach the finish line is by taking the first step. This may all seem easier said than done, but once you cross the first line, it becomes easier to keep running. Remember practice makes perfect, don't forget that everyone has down days (I find Reeses peanut butter cups are a good healer) its only human, realising what you have isn't about the big things, it can often be about the little things that amount to a lot.



                 If you haven't fallen asleep by now, thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed em x

No comments:

Post a Comment